12.01.2007

So, as Archie has been doing all the updating I have decided to stop making shell Christmas ornaments for 5 whole seconds and write up my two cents. Just in case anybody is worried that we are having too much fun, allow me to bring you down to reality. I am not complaining, because we are truly really blessed, but here are 3 facts so that you have a more balanced picture of our otherwise glorious existence down under:

1. There are horrible little sand maggots that turn into sand flies and they bite...draw blood and make you itch for a week. The bite is similar to a flea or chigger bite in terms of itchiness. I wake myself up scratching my ankles. Somehow, Archie, who is always the one who gets eaten alive by mosquitoes, has yet to suffer to the degree I am suffering. Must say something about who is spending more time at the beach.

2. Our car got broken into last night. Well, actually just rumaged through becuase we left the doors unlocked. It's parked literally less than 10 feet from our bedroom window which was open. Items taken include 1 pack of American gum with only 2 pieces left in it and a fluorescent green sunglasses case with immense sentimental value to me as it is a hand-me-down from Archie. Items left in the car for our future enjoyment include a Swiss Army Knife, a $30 road atlas, and a library book. As you can see, they really ripped us off hardcore. Our stake president who lives down the street mentioned that it's actually better to leave the car unlocked and empty rather than get the lock or windows busted out for nothing. Moms, we don't live in the ghetto I promise. I think it's more just Hawaii style drunk hoodlums.

3. My new job. Oh yes, I am working at the mall during the Christmas Craziness. Do you all know that I don't even like to go the mall, let alone during holiday season, let alone to work. I was joking about being an elf helper to Santa and a guy in our ward totally believed me. In my opinion, the elf get-up would at least provide some amusing photos and memories on down the road. My mall job, not so much. However it does actually pay more than minimum wage, which is $11.25 here. So for that, I'm thankful.

Well, my work here is done. I hope you all can truly sympathize with the pains and suffering we are enduring here during summer take 2 at the beach. Stay tuned for future teary tales to come, such as, "Alone on Christmas Morning", "Ants: Invasion of the Kitchen", and "Jellyfish Eggs Strewn in the Sand--Will They Turn into Stinging Jelly Nightmares?"

No comments: